Monday, August 9, 2010

Back on Track

I usually don’t check in but once, sometimes twice a week but I just had to share with everyone how awesome yesterday was.

The boys and I went out at 5:30 to do our walk (I push Corbin in his stroller and Colby rides his bike) and I was really proud of myself because I did intervals of 5 minutes walking then 30 seconds jogging. I know it may not seem like much but for this girl—it was! The first couple of times I couldn’t even do it the whole 30 seconds! But I eventually got it. But being it was so hot we only did 1 mile instead of our usual 2 miles because I was worn out and sweating like a big pig!

Then by 7:15, supper was cooked, kitchen was clean, and everything seemed in order so I decided to go for another walk/jog except this time I did intervals of 3 minutes walking and 30 seconds jogging and did 2 miles! I was SO tired after that but I felt really good.

When I took off jogging the first time, I was really nervous! They had people sitting outside on their porches, driving by in their cars, and even some walking too. I was so embarrassed. I kept telling myself not to jog because I would just be embarrassing myself..but I over came it and did it anyway because I started thinking…none of these people know me so why care what they think about me..and then I went for it. I’m glad I did because I felt good afterwards!

The plan for today is to do the same thing except I may put my gym membership to use and do the intervals on the treadmill..We’ll see. If I don’t make it to the gym, the boys and I will do the same thing as yesterday. (Plus the thought of running on a treadmill scares me because I’m not all that good at just walking on it, I always feel like I’m going to fall and bust my butt.)

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! You know what?? When I'm out running, I always tell myself that those people looking at me are thinking "if that big girl can run, maybe I could". Positive thoughts, my dear. :) You are doing an amazing thing for yourself - don't let ANYONE make you feel bad or embarrassed about that!!

    ReplyDelete