Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weight is Up (no big surprise)

It's hard to believe that my last blog was over a week ago! I skipped last week's weigh in because I really didn't want to see what the scale had to say..then pretty much all this week, I've been eating what ever. I'm not really sure why..but all my will power to do this just went out the window!

But last night after pouting about feeling SO fat and bloated and just so discouraged, I told myself that I need to do this! I felt SO good when I was sticking to it and I think that blogging was really helping me stay on track.

Last night when I was wallowing in my self pity and having myself a pity party about being SO fat, I told my husband that I wanted to start some diet pills but he talked me out of it. Being the great man that he is, he told me that I don't need pills, I can do it on my own. Which is exactly what I needed to hear! I was looking for an easy way out..and truth be told...I don't need an easy way out! I need to do this by myself (without the aide of pills or even surgery for that matter--because there has been plenty of times I've just wanted surgery).

Then how weird is this...Last night after our talk & I was going to bed, I turned on the TV (because I usually watch IV for a little while before falling asleep) and there was a show called "How I Lost 100 Pounds" playing on TLC. What an awesome show that is! I think that is exactly what I needed to see. That particular episode was about a lady that lost 105 pounds! She did it by walking/jogging then eventually running ...and watching what she eats. That was great motivation!

I'm not sure about jogging or running...but she did say that when she started off she would walk 5 min and jog 30 seconds then eventually worked her self up to jogging the whole time then running. So I may try that, but being the self conscious person that I am, I'm scared to do that because people would probably be starring at me!

I did weigh in this morning and no real big surprise..I gained 5 pounds! I'm back up to 248!

My goal for this week is to lose the 5 pounds that I gained and 2 extra for a total of 7 pounds, which is a little extreme but I'm going to work extra hard!

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Setbacks are a bummer for sure, but what matters is not the setback as much as your ability to pull yourself up and get back on track, which you seem to be doing :)

    Good luck on reaching your weekly goal, Sharlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your hubby managed to talk you out of the diet pills. You are right, you can do this on your own. I'm so glad that you saw that show!! If you're looking for ideas or tips on how to do it, please check out my blog www.diaryoffatwoman.blogspot.com I just celebrated my 50lbs weight loss milestone. I did it by eating healthier and working out. I started out walking - and I'm now up to jogging for 30 minutes and running for 2 miles. You CAN do this. :)

    ReplyDelete