Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Made It to the Gym!!

Just a quick post to let everyone know that yesterday was another great day!

Colby had orientation at school at 5:30 so I didn’t cook supper due to lack of time..so Nick and him had left over’s and I grilled me a chicken breast and threw it in a salad. It was pretty yummy!

After supper, I decided to head over to the gym to put the $40 a month that I pay to good use. I did the treadmill at 3.2 with intervals of 3.8 (I couldn’t go any higher than that-or I really would have made a fool out of myself). Then I decided to do the elliptical for a mile—that was a challenge! But I did it, somehow!

Today, I’m going to head over to the gym after work before picking up the boys from the sitter. I think that will be easier than getting home and then having to leave again. After we get home and I cook supper and clean up the house a little bit (my house is not dirty lol, I just am picky about the way I want it) the boys and I will go for a walk so Colby can get some exercise in.

I really worry about Colby becoming overweight just because it is something that I have always struggled with. He is not over weight yet but I’m scared that he may become. So I talked with him and every other day him and I (and Corbin in the stroller) will go for a walk just to get him out of the house and moving around.

On another note, Nick wants to have some friends over for a barbeque this weekend. Which sounds great because we haven’t done that in a while. I’m just really worried about me not splurging and going crazy. When we barbeque we do it big usually. I’m talking potato salad, baked beans, rice dressing, boudin, sausage, pork, Tasso, chicken, beef, and sautéed mushrooms, and even oysters wrapped in bacon!

So I need a plan! I’m going to have to put some boundaries up and not let myself go crazy! I don’t want to not have the barbeque because this is something I need to learn to deal with and have self control.

I’m just so scared of failing!

Until next time…

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on your gym visit! I know what you mean about fear of failing although I try to think of anything as a failure, but rather as a setback. This doesn't always work, but most times it does :) Good luck on the planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the gym! And kudos for your plan with Colby - that's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete