Thursday, August 19, 2010

Scale is UPPPP!

I for some reason haven’t been in the mood to blog. Partly because I am so ashamed that I have not been staying on track. I’ve been splurging like there is no tomorrow. But I need to get back on track and get back to blogging because like I have said many times before, it really helps me to stay focused.

August the 18th was the last time that I weighed in. My weight was 243. I had lost the 5 pounds that I had gained so I was floating on cloud 9!

Then came the BBQ.. I over did it and have been staying off course ever since then. For the BBQ we had everything you could possibly think of and it was SO good. Then my birthday was August 24th so Nick and I went ate out, watched a movie, and even had some cheesecake brownies from Great American Cookie Factory.

Life all together has been crazy! I just need to get my mind set again and get back on track because I want this! I sometimes ask myself what is the point of even doing this?? Really?? Is it worth all of the frustration and aggravation? Some days I feel like it is worth it but then other days (like the days I’ve been having) I don’t.

With that said, it is time for me to spill the beans. Over the last 2 weeks with splurging and bingeing like crazy (and for no good reason I might add) I have managed to gain---are you ready for it??---I have managed to gain a whopping 15 pounds! Yeap! I’m almost crying as I type this because this puts me at 258 pounds which is 3 pounds more than I was when I started my blog!

When I got on the scale this morning I was like WHAT? But it’s my own fault, I know.. but I didn’t expect it to be that bad! I am so scared at ending back up at 290 or 300 and that’s exactly where I will be soon if I don’t get a handle on this soon.

I know that it isn’t anyone’s fault but my own and that’s all I can do is start again.

I don’t know what to do different. I start out good then 2 or 3 weeks later I’m right back where I started (or in the case even worse than when I started).

Maybe something different I could try is looking at it as a change in life and the way that I do things instead of a diet. Because I don’t know about you but when I diet I eat grilled chicken salad for lunch and carrots for snack. Maybe if I look at is as a new way of life it will work out better. Then I could eat whatever I want, just in smaller portions. I don’t know …but I’m open for suggestions and advise if anyone has any to offer.

I weighed in today just because I wanted to see what the scale had to say since it had been almost 3 weeks since I had checked in but I will keep my weigh in day on Sunday. As far as measurements go, I’m just going to wait until the 20th of this month to check in with that.

On a good note…I did go on a 2 mile walk with my sister today!

So the new plan is to lay off all the junk food and sweets and eat smaller portions! Going to start going for my afternoon workout at the gym and afternoon walks again. Oh-and to try to make time to blog a little each day.

Until next time…

2 comments:

  1. It's okay to have a set-back as long as you get back on track :) We all fall now and then again. Good luck, Sharlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I have been in your shoes more times than I care to admit to. Until this past go around - I always dieted..and failed. This time, I changed my way of life - a completely new lifestyle..and no chicken salad or carrots for me!! I eat GREAT food, and now I'm down 53lbs. (I've had some set backs lately in the exercise area, but my food has stayed contstant - still showing a decline on the scale...so I'm not worried). You can do this!!

    Oh, and won my first blog award the other day... and being that you're one of my favorite bloggers, I wanted to pass it on to you. :)

    http://diaryoffatwoman.blogspot.com/2010/09/didnt-have-acceptance-speech-ready.html

    ReplyDelete