Sunday, June 20, 2010

My First Step

So where do I start? I’m very new at this so please bare with me. I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now. Just to sort of have a place to jot down all my thoughts and feelings that I have about my struggle with my weight. I’m just so tired of the weight and it is definitely time to do something about it. I have been over weight nearly my entire life.

I live and grew up in Louisiana. So if you have ever visited or lived here you know that food is a way of life for us. Everything we do pretty much revolves around food. From BBQ’s, Crawfish boils, to a big fish fry there is always something going on with food involved.

There was a period in my life where I weighed 145 pounds. That was my freshman year in High School. Seems like forever ago. But then I met my High School Sweetheart (now husband) and then my weight began creeping up. I guess I began to feel comfortable so I didn't need to watch my weight so much. Then came a baby then marriage and family tragedy and the next thing I knew, I was a whopping 300 pounds!

I have been able to lose some of the weight but have been really struggling lately. That is my I decided to start my blog. Hopefully this will aide me in completing my weight loss journey.

So the plan is to eat 1800 to 2000 calories a day and drink at least 8 cups of water along with exercise.

I do have a gym membership which I pay 40 bucks a month for and have been a total of maybe 4 times so I will try my best to put that to use. But with a 4 month old, new job and household duties it is hard to find time to work out.

I am going to try my best to blog everyday at least a little but I can’t make any promises. Thanks for taking time to read my blog.

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment