Saturday, July 3, 2010

Really Struggling

Today was another struggle, but what’s new? I think that almost every day is somewhat of a struggle; just some days are harder than others.

I cooked lunch and we had the left over’s for supper. After supper I had to bring Colby to his grand paw’s to pick up his swim suit so I decided that we would go to sonic. I sat there for 10 minutes arguing with myself. I wanted a hot fudge sundae so bad! I kept going back and forth..yea I can get it just this one time..no I shouldn’t get it because I’ve already had a bad day this week and tomorrow is weigh in day. Then I hear Colby in the back seat, “Mom did you press the button yet?” “No Colby I didn’t.” and I continue arguing with myself.

Finally I decided NO I can NOT have a hot fudge sundae. I want this weight loss too bad and have been trying too hard to just eat some ice cream. I decided to get a medium diet cherry coke instead. Pretty wise choice, I think. When we got home I looked up the calories on myfitnesspal.com-the web site that I use to keep track of my calories and my diet coke was 48 calories where if I would have gotten the hot fudge sundae it would have been 520 calories! Who would have thought that a little thing of ice cream could have sooo many calories? I think I made a pretty good decision!

Tomorrow I’m sure will be another struggle because it is the 4th of July and we are going to Nick’s grandparents to spend time with that side of the family, swim, and eat some good food, I’m sure. But I will try my best to make wise choices just as I did today.

Tomorrow is also weigh in day. I can’t wait to see what the scale says!

Until tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment