Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Setting Some Goals

I just have a few minutes so this post will be quick post. Hope everyone had a wonderful Wednesday. You know what the best thing about Wednesday is? It’s closer to Friday than Monday was, lol.

Does anyone ever get obsessed with the scale? I’m totally obsessed with the scale this week for some reason. I’ve been getting on every morning just to see how I’m doing. I know I shouldn’t but I can’t help it for some reason. I think it is because of my 1 pound weight loss last week. I was so dang disappointed with that one pound! But I do think I am losing inches because some of my clothes aren’t so tight on me. We shall see on the 21st of this month when I measure again.

I’ve decided to set a couple of short term goals for myself that way, hopefully, I don’t get so discouraged when I think about the 80 pounds that I need to lose.

  • I’m going to eat no more than 1,800 calories a day (which I’m doing already)
  • Exercise at least 5 days a week (struggling with that right now)
  • Lose 10 pounds a month (that’s not too high of a goal is it?)


I may add some goals as time goes on…who knows?


And for every 10 pounds I lose I’ll reward myself with some type of non food item...like clothes or a pedicure.

My calorie count for today is 1,645. Not so bad, below my 1,800 goal to not go over so guess I can’t complain too much. I did not make it to the gym today or do my work out video but will do it tomorrow!

Until tomorrow…

2 comments:

  1. I heard that there has been some research saying that it's actually better to get on the scale every day. Because those who do weigh in every day as opposed to once a week or monthly can course correct before it becomes a big problem. They can stop doing whatever isn't working fast before it's a huge bad number on the scale. Good job on your one pound. One pound gone for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on getting rid of the pound! I know it may not seem like a big loss, but it is a loss nonetheless. Pat yourself on the back :)

    I don't think getting on the scale every day is a bad thin; I used to get on it every day, but since joining Weight Watchers, I've been weighing myself once a week. I thought I'd have a problem doing that, but surprisingly, I didn't. So now I stay away from my home scale, but that's what works for me.

    ReplyDelete