Thursday, February 23, 2012

Game Plan

This week so far has been AWESOME, I just hope I can keep it up through the weekend...with that said..I've been thinking alot about how I need to get it together! So I "adopted" this idea from pinterest and had a friend help me make these canisters:
  • The one on the left is Pounds Lost: Right now it has 26 marbles in it
  • The one in the middle is Way to Go/Reward Jar
  • The one on the right is Pounds to Go: Right now it has 70 marbles in it
This is how my Game Plan is going to go:
  • Every week I will set a goal for myself. (Examples: have 2 1200 calorie days...or workout at least 3 days...or lose 1 pound~you get it don't you?) For every week that I meet my goal I will put $5 in my Reward/Way to go canister.
  • But~here is the catch with the Reward/Way to Go canister: for every goal that I do not meet, it is one less $1 for the canister. (Example: Goal is to have 2 1200 calorie days in the week, but I actually only have one, then I would only put $4 in for that week...got me??)
  • Now for the Pounds Lost & Pounds to Go canisters: For every pound that I lose, I will take a marble out of the Pounds to Go canister and put it into the Pounds Lost Canister (until the "Pounds to Go" canister is completely empty :) ...the point of these Canisters are really to just give me a visualization of what I have left to lose ..and also what I have accomplished

The last part of my new Game Plan is to re-look at my "Reward" list that I done awhile back..had I have decided to make a couple of changes..here is the new list:

  • -10 pounds (222): Pedi (I'm hoping to make it here really soon~I have a gift card that is about to expire within the next month that I want to use.)
  • -20 pounds (212): Massage~I can't remember the last time I had one..so can't wait for this one
  • -30 pounds (202): Day out with my best friend (this is where all that "Reward" money will definitely come in handy
  • -40 pounds (192): New Bathing suit
  • -50 pounds (182): Weekend with my wonderful husband~I recently purchased tickets to Red Hot Chili Peppers for him for his birthday which is in October and we plan on making a weekend out of it...so I have 8 months to lose my 50 pounds..I can do this~right??
  • -60 pounds (172): New clothes and shoes...now I know through out this journey I will have to buy new clothes..a pair of pants here and a shirt there..but I'm not going to get alot of one size, because I'm not planning on staying there for long...BUT by the time I reach 60 pounds I will be close enough to my goal weight..so I'll start working on my new wardrobe at this time
  • -70 pounds (162): Trip to Disney World or a new purse...and by new purse I mean a Coach or a Hobo...I love purses and NEVER splurge on getting one for myself.... I actually received my first EVER coach handbag and wallet this past Christmas as a gift and I love it...but when I make it to losing 70 pounds, I will get ME another one :)
  • -72 pounds (160~GOAL): A smart phone!!

Since my weigh in days are on Wednesdays, my weekly goals will go from Wednesday to Wednesday..my goal for this week is to have 2 1200 calorie days.

OHH and I almost forgot the best news of all is that I fit into 20's comfortably, no Muffin Top..YAY..now to start working on the 18's

~Thought for the day~

No comments:

Post a Comment