Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rambling

I have a bunch of different topics..really alot of rambling... that I want to touch on today..so lets get started:)

I know I've said it a couple of times..and I'm going to say it again...that I would LOVE to have weight loss surgery. Just seems like the easy thing to do. I mean hey, you pay a COUPLE thousand dollars...have a 3 hour surgery...go on a liquid diet for a couple of weeks..and WAALA...you have it...you are 30 pounds lighter in a couple of months and at your goal weight in about 6 months. But It's not going to happen..my husband and I have talked about it time and time again, and he has this belief in me that I can do it, so it may take me for ever, but hopefully one of these days I'll get there.
~Found this on Pinterest and thought it was Perfect for this subject~
The past couple of days...I've been sort of struggling, ever since we went on that Mardi Gras run this past weekend, I can't get back on track. I mean, I didn't do too bad but I just can't get back into my routine. I haven't walked or went to the gym ONE time this week so far. My little boy has been either getting up really early in the mornings or waking up a couple of times during the night, which makes me super tired & I end up not going to the gym and puts me running late so I don't get to work in enough time to to go walking with the girls I work with. I even had TWO pieces of King Cake today..I know, right..WHAT was I thinking. But that is IT..I'm saying it TODAY, It is time to get back on track!
*I may have to start hitting the gym at 7 or 8 on the nights that my husband doesn't have to
work to get my workouts in.

Awhile back I had posted my goals and rewards...Well, my reward for reaching my 50 pound goal was that I would get to go on a weekend getaway with my husband...and even though here lately it seems like I'll never reach it (because it is taking me forever just to get to my 10 pound goal) I have to do it before October 4th. Last week I bought tickets to the Red Hot Chili Pepers for my husband for his birthday. He is totally excited! It is in New Orleans (a couple of hours away) so we plan on finding a sitter and making a weekend out of it. So I need to kick it up a notch or two...or maybe 3!

My husband is always telling me how beautiful and sexy I am..but I hopefully by the time October gets here, I will be knocking him off his feet :)


I found this on Pinterest (incase, you haven't realized a trend yet, I have a little obsession with Pinterest)...and next time I run to Wal-Mart I will be picking up the things to make this:
This will give me a visual of what I have lost and what I have to go :)

Something else that I will get on my trip to Wal-Mart is a canister/jar for is for a reward jar. I saw this on a fellow bloggers post..this is how hers goes & I'm going to do the same:
*Workout at least 3 times a week & my reward is $5 (this will come in handy when I reach my
goal of losing 30 pounds and I get a day of shopping with my bestie)

I've been really thinking about my thought of the day from yesterday...A huge part of losing weight is believing you can do it and realizing it is not going to happen over night...This is not a diet for me...it is a life style change, it may be a struggle, it will be hard, I will be tempted, I will have bad days, things will come up & I won't be able to go the the gym, it will take time, but I must not give up..I CAN DO IT!

~Thought for the day~
*Goal for this week..spend more time with GOD*

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sharlie!

    Made to Crave is a really great book--glad you are reading it. I read it last year and learned a lot. I think the author is right on the money.

    You might also consider the little devotional book called Jesus Calling (I mentioned it in my post this morning). It is a great tool for helping with a quiet time. I usually read the devotional for the day, look up the corresponding scripture and then pray. You can also get it as a phone app. Just FYI.


    Hope you have a great day:)

    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weight loss surgery is not a quick fix. You still have to work at keeping the weight off. I have 2 friends that have had weight loss surgery (gastric bypass) and one has gained all of the weight back and the other about 85%. I thought that once you lost the weight it stayed off, I had no clue it was even possible to gain the weight back after having that type of surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow..I didn't realize that you could gain it all back. I guess I just figured that if you are paying thousands of dollars for a surgery it would be a quick fix and that it wouldn't be hard to keep it off. Thanks for pointing that out, didn't mean to offend anyone.

      Delete
  3. I love the "pounds lost" jar idea!

    ReplyDelete