Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Today has been awesome so far..cravings are in check!

Since today is Valentine's day..I thought I'd take a minute to tell everyone a little bit about my "Valentine" and love of my life. My husband, Nick, and I have been together since I was 15 years old~I was in 9th grade~the year was 1999. We actually started dating at a marching band festival, and have been inseparable ever since. A couple of years later, came our first son, Colby. We were still very young when Colby was born..teenagers and in high school..but we made it through it, when everyone else said we wouldn't..we did it!! (It was rough at times but I wouldn't trade Colby for anything in the world! And I think it made Nick and I stronger as a couple.) We made our commitment to one another official and married on November 3, 2006 in the Church with lots of family and friends there to celebrate it with us (standing room only). Our wedding day was everything a girl could dream of~I still get butterflies thinking about it! Here is a picture from our special day.. (Colby was such a ham:)


Three years after being married, we had our second son, Corbin, who will be turning 2 this Saturday. I can't imagine my life without my husband or kids....I love my little family with my whole heart..we may not have gotten started the traditional way, and alot of people probably saw us as screw ups who would never make it...but here we are 12 years later..Happy & still in LOVE!

We recently celebrated our 5 year anniversary by going on a Cruise...no kids..just Nick and I. It was great to have just "us" time but I did miss my kiddos terribly and couldn't wait to get home and see them....but at the same time, I'm eager to start planning our 10 year anniversary get a way!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and wanted to say "hi". You have been doing good on your weight loss. I know it is not easy because I am struggling on my journey too. Anyways, I followed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your anniversary and sticking with each other. That's a sweet story. You don't have to start the "traditional" way to have a successful marriage and family.

    ReplyDelete