Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Weigh In Wednesday

It's made it's way here once again..Weigh in Wednesday, that is.. and the scale isn't exactly my bff at the moment, so I'll make this quick. I'm still at 227. Which I'm not thrilled about, but I'm not really upset either. Sure, I would have loved to have seen a 2 pound loss (or even a one pound loss) but with everything that went on this past weekend and having trouble getting to the gym (pretty much everything called LIFE), I'm just glad I didn't gain :)

This is a journey to a new & healthier me... not just a diet. I'm trying to figure things out as I go so it may take me a while, but one day I'll make it there.


As I mentioned in a post a couple of weeks ago, I've been sort of struggling spiritually and I've been avoiding church to not have to deal with certain people...I've been avoiding prayer because I was so upset by everything that was said... But I've come to realize that I'm not hurting anyone but myself by doing this. So I've made up my mind that it's time for a change in this part of my life also. I downloaded a new book last night called Made to Crave..I'm only about 2 chapters into it, but pretty much it's about how we were all made to CRAVE...but not to crave food..we were made to crave God, and it gives pointers of things to do & things to pray when certain feeling start setting in... like cravings/discouragement/emotions/helplessness get the best of you.. I am going back to my church Sunday with an open heart and mind (though I will not bring my little boy, not ready for that yet~but maybe one day)


~Thought for the day~

1 comment:

  1. I love that book!! I haven't finished it yet but it is a really great way to find some balance between the spiritual side of our eating habits.

    ReplyDelete