Monday, January 9, 2012

C25K

As I was reading through some blogs, I came across one that talked about the Couch to 5K. Which sounds like a good way to get off your butt and start moving...and if you follow the program you can be running 3 miles in 2 months!

But here's my question: How many of you have ever tried this?

I'm just nervous to try it! I mean, I walk every morning Monday-Friday but I have NOT ran one day in my entire life! I know last week I posted a blog about how "Someday" is not a day of the week and I want to try this but at the same time a part of me is scared and wants to say...Maybe someday!

**Because here's the thing...I know I said no more excuses but here are my excuses: I'm a big girl and I'm going to be bouncing all over the place..I'm not in the shape to be doing this...what if people stare at me..how do I breath? do I need to invest in a stop watch or sports watch with a timmer on it?..my list could go on & on but I'll leave it at that. So if anyone has any advise, I'd appreciate it!

Here is the website for Couch to 5k if you are interested http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

My totals for today:
  • Daily used: 28
  • Daily remaining: 7
  • Weekly remaining: 40
  • Activity earned: 3
  • Activity remaining:12

**My activity points today came from walking 1.6 miles this am**

~Thought for the day~
~I keep telling myself this ....But what if I can't?~

3 comments:

  1. I have used the phone app for couch to 10K. It is a really great program. I also helped "coach" a fried along with the Couch to 5K who, at the time, weighed considerably more than you do now, has bad ankles and had not excercised at all. Ever. She did it. You can too.

    I'm a big girl and I'm going to be bouncing all over the place..

    I heard bouncing is good for getting rid of cellulite! Invest in a really good sports bra.They make some pretty incrdible ones

    I'm not in the shape to be doing this...

    you said you have been walking regularly and this program is from "COUCH" to 5K. You're already ahead of the game!!!!

    what if people stare at me..

    They might but they will probably be admiring you for getting off your rear and doing something to help yourself. People are never as critical of us as we are of ourselves..and besides--who cares!?

    how do I breath?

    just breath in and out. Nothing special to it. You will get "out of breath" and it will be okay. Just tell yourself--"I'm not going to die."

    do I need to invest in a stop watch or sports watch with a timmer on it..

    nah. just use the phone app (which is great) or go to a track and follow the plan on the cool running site that is by distance, not time.

    The only question to ask yourself is: Do you want to push yourself further than ever before and do something awesome and boost your weight loss in the process? If the answer is yes then GO FOR IT! and don't give up.

    if you decide to go for it--Sign up for a 5K that is 2 mos. out when you start training.It will really motivate you to be consistent in training.

    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog this morning and think we have a lot of the same journey. Looking forward to more post from. Your new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete