Thursday, January 5, 2012

No More Excuses

Today was an all together GREAT day! I did better on trying to eat my points worth of food; which I'm glad because looking back at yesterday... before supper it was almost like I was starving..and this morning it was like I hadn't eaten enough last night and couldn't wait to fix breakfast!

My totals for today:
  • Daily used: 33
  • Daily remaining: 3
  • Weekly remaining: 49
  • Activity earned: 6
  • Activity remaining: 6
Today, while reading through all the blogs that I follow, I came across Chrystal's blog about the Fitbit. I had never heard of it before today, but it seems like a pretty cool little gadget to have!

Here are some of the things that Chrystal explained about it & if you want to visit her blog for the whole thing, her website can be found at the bottom.

FEATURES:
  • Steps (The Fitbit Ultra accurately tracks your activity all day long, counting every step you take.)
  • Distance (See how many miles (or km) you walk heading to the coffee shop, to lunch, or just around the house.)
  • Calories Burned (See how your activity translates into actual calories burned.)
  • Floors Climbed (Fitbit Ultra includes an altimeter to track how many floors or hills you climb throughout the day.)
  • Flower (Your flower will grow and shrink, depending on how active you've been lately.)
  • Clock (With the time at your fingertips, you can work out and still know when you need to be home.)
  • Stopwatch (Hold down the button for 2 seconds to time an event, such as a walk, run, or a sleep period.)
  • Greeting (Give your Tracker a fun name to easily identify yours vs. your spouse's.
WHERE TO WEAR IT:
  • Pocket- Clip your Tracker on your pocket for easy access throughout the day, or slip it inside for protection.
  • Waist- The waist is the optimal position to wear your Tracker. A belt holster is included for thicker belts.
  • Bra- Women often find the center of the bra to be the most secure and discreet position.
  • Wrist (when sleeping)- Slip it into the included Fitbit wristband at night, and find out about your sleep patterns.

So for supper today, I tried my very first Weight watcher recepie from pinterest.

It was pretty yummy! 1/2 cup is only 2pts!
The only thing that I did different is that I cooked them in a rice pot instead of the oven. I'm sure if I would have done them in the oven, they would have been crispier but they were still awesome. If you want to try the recipe, here is the site:
http://www.laaloosh.com/2011/01/24/ranch-roasted-red-potatoes-recipe/
~If you want to do it in a rice pot like I did, follow all the directions except of course but it in a rice pot (make sure to put no-stick spray all inside the pot) and add 2 cups of water (2 cups of water may seem like a lot but there will not be any water left by the time it is finished cooking).

Thought for the day:
~No More Excuses for this girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment