Monday, January 23, 2012

Getting Back on Track

I've been avoiding the blog world for the past 2 days because I fell off the wagon and I'm struggling getting back on.

This weekend I was HORRIBLE!! It all started Saturday, I cooked seafood gumbo~which I did not over do it on..but then for supper I wanted something GOOD and decided that I was going to have fried shrimp and boudin...I figured what the heck, right? I've been doing all this time at the gym & tracking my points like crazy..and for what?? Absolutely nothing...not a single pound!! Then Sunday when I woke up, I was like...really Sharlie? That's crazy!! So I decided that was enough and I would quit all that..then I went to this bridal expo with my sister last night..it started at 6 & we didn't get out of there until almost 8, home by 8:30... and I was starving when I got home and had the left over boudin for my supper!

This is what boudin looks like for those who don't know....I know.. Kindda of nasty looking if you are not used to seeing it, but actually it tastes good!

Now on the other hand.. I found this picture and it is making me REALLY regret my weekend binge..

The difference between 5 pounds of fat and 5 pounds of muscle...So what IF (keyword IF) I have been gaining muscle and losing some fat, which would result in losing inches?? I just need to take this as a hard lesson learned and remember this picture and don't over do it again like that!


Which brings me to my next subject:
I thought I had a plan to go along with my goals, but apparently it isn't working out very well.

I'm thinking I'm just not going to do the whole WW thing...I mean, I don't know, really. It just doesn't seem to be helping any...

My plan for this week is:
  • Try counting calories with My Fitness Pal (instead of WW)
  • Hit the gym 5 days this week
  • Track EVERYTHING (every single morsel)
  • Lose 2 pounds this week
  • Drink 64oz of water daily
  • Go to bed by 9
  • Remember to document my non-scale victories

Totals for today:

  • Calories: 904
  • Carbs:131
  • Fat:31
  • Protein: 34
  • Daily goals: Calories:1200 (1314) Carbs: 180 Fat:43 Protein 49
  • Remaining: Calories: 410 Carbs: 49 Fat:12 Protein 15

**Walked 1.6 miles this am~burned 114 calories!!

**Which means..I have another 114 calories that I had to consume!!

~Thought for the day~

1 comment:

  1. Non-scale victories are important to recognize, too! Keep making healthy choices. One bad day should be put behind you and every day is a chance to get back on track. Having a plan is key! (Oh, and my hubby is a HUGE boudin fan after spending time with friends in LA.) :-)

    ReplyDelete