Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cajun Girl

Last night I sat down and planed out meals for the next 2 weeks and made a 3 page grocery list of all the things I would need. So this morning my almost 2 year old and I went to the store..which was a project! But I got almost everything on my list except a couple of things that I'll have to go to another store for one day this week. While at the store I decided that I needed a vegetable steamer; which I used for lunch and and the squash and zucchini sure were good!

I'm not or ever have been real big on vegetables but since I'm doing Weight Watchers, I decided that I need to incorporate them more. (Because alot of them are 0 points.) So for lunch we had ham, corn casserole, and zucchini and squash; which worked out great because I filled up on the veggies.

For supper, I was kind of a different story. I didn't over do it...but I really thought about going back for a second plate. See...here's the thing...I'm from Louisiana..and in Louisiana, it's always about the food. Someone is always having a fish fry, BBQ, cook out, boiling crawfish and so on. Well today, my sister had a cookout which was pork roast, rice & gravy, green beans, beer, and a bonfire. So for those who have no idea what rice & gravy look like here is a picture ---------------->
So not healthy, but it's what I grew up with and how we eat here. It may look nasty, but it is sooo good! But, like I said~I did not over do it. I had 1/4 cup of rice, some gravy, 3oz piece of pork, and some green beans.


My totals for today:
  • Daily used: 44
  • Daily remaining: 0
  • Weekly remaining: 40
  • Activity earned: 0
  • Activity used:0

**I did use some of my weekly points today; which I feel kinda bad about but that's what they are there for...right??

**I didn't get activity points for today but I think that pushing a full cart around Wal-Mart while holding a 30 pound little boy should count for something :)

~Thought for the day~

This is what I need to remember the next time I want that 2nd plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment