Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sort of Shakey

I've been avoiding posting for a couple of days..when I started blogging again on January 1st, I told myself that this blog would be something that would aide me in losing this weight and would be something that I would be accountable for..I would report all my ups and downs and learn from them, but the past couple of days have been sort-of shakey for me.

I did good all weekend until Sunday came around. When Sunday got here I ate Chinese (Broccoli Beef and a little fried rice) for lunch and shrimp and corn chowder for supper..I know doesn't sound that bad but look at my calorie totals toward the bottom.

Monday, when I woke up...I told myself "That's IT, Time to get a grip"...so I headed to the gym, came home, had my usual breakfast, had a smart one for lunch at work, and did great all day until I got home. Once home I binged on Doritos and Chips A'hoy chocolate Chip cookies!! (I mean really???)

So today was a new day..so you would think that I would have jumped back on the wagon...but instead of getting up and hitting the gym, I slept in until 6am. I had a good breakfast and lunch. Then for my lunch break I had to run to the gas station and get some gas, while I was there I picked up one of those small packs of beef jerky...and yeap, I ate the ENTIRE thing! SO I get back to work and I am on this binge spree...I want something else to eat (crazy, right)..but I don't' want just anything, I want something sweet, but I have nothing..thank goodness, because could you imagine how many more calories I would have wasted if I could have gotten my hands on something?? Instead, I settled for a boiled egg.

I don't know what the deal is, hopefully I get a grip soon. I was doing so well!! As I am typing this, I just want to cry!! I feel so discouraged and disappointed in myself.

This is how my last 3 days have gone...

Sunday totals:
  • Calories: 1595
  • Carbs: 219
  • Fat: 53
  • Protein: 65

**Went on a 2 mile walk with my little man

Monday totals:

  • Calories: 1935
  • Carbs: 266
  • Fat: 64
  • Protein: 73

**Did elliptical for 40 minutes and went on 1.6 mile walk with the girls at work

Tuesday totals:

  • Calories: 1338
  • Carbs: 219
  • Fat: 53
  • Protein: 60

**Didn't make it to the gym this am but did go on my 1.6 mile walk with the girls at work.

Once I look at all my totals for these 3 days, my totals aren't that off, I just feel horrible for overeating and not working out like I should! And what makes it 10 times worse it that tomorrow is my weigh in day and measure day, so I'm sure all my binging and laziness will show on the scale :(

~Thought of the day~

Motivation to get my butt up out of bed and hit the gym!!

2 comments:

  1. How you feel is usually not a good indicator of reality. The reality is (and believe me, I know because I've done it a million times) if you just forget the mistakes and continue on you will be right back on track in a day or so. I promise! By next week's weigh in this will be a distant memory...or you will still be focusing on your mistakes and in the "binge pit." The choice is yours!

    It never takes long for me to feel good again once I just forgive myself and move on.This happens so much. The key to success is not being perfect all the time but figuring out how to keep going when you mess up. If you get that part down then you are golden!

    It's ok! Shake it off and keep moving forward. I know you can do it! Looking forward to a postive report tomorrow :)
    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Keelie's post! You cant continue to dwell on the mistakes you made yesterday. You have to forgive yourself and move on to the next challenge.
    I know you can do this!

    ReplyDelete