Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Getting Some Things Off My Chest & Some Questions

There are sooo many things going on right now...Where do I begin??
  • I didn't get to go the gym this morning because my husband is on call this week and he received a call that he had to go out for at 4:15 this morning...so that kindda put a damper on my morning because I downloaded some new "workout" music last night...well actually I tried but couldn't figure it out so my wonderful husband had to help me.
  • When I completed my entry on My Fitness Pal for yesterday, it said: *Based on your total calories consumed for today, you are eating too few calories. Not only is it difficult to receive adequate nutrition at these calorie levels, but you could also be putting your body into starvation mode. Starvation mode lowers your metabolism and makes weight loss more difficult. We suggest increasing your calorie consumption to 1,200 calories per day minimum.**If every day were like today... You'd weigh 215.1 lbs in 5 weeks ** Which is ok, I guess...but REALLY?? Are you serious?? I guess it's just going to take time for me to get used to everything, because in my head it is programed that I need to eat less and move more.... but actually the more I move, then the more I have to eat...right?? I don't know if I'm understanding all of this.
  • Last Friday, a girl that I work with came in and said something like this...Hey I know you are trying to lose weight, you should try these diet pills, they supposedly work really good...and I told her thanks that I would look into it...then today she asked if I had thought anymore about the pills because she has lost 3 pounds in 3 days..I told her no, not really. I don't know what to do. I've tried diet pills in the past and they NEVER have worked for me and have been a total waste of money & I decided that I would do this on my own this time~no pills, no surgery (I have thought again and again about weight loss surgery but my husband says no, that he thinks I can do it on my own~guess he sees something in me that I don't see in myself), just eat right and exercise! But when she asked me this...it got me thinking, should I try them? Since January 1, I've only lost 4 pounds!
  • I'm struggling spiritually. May sound kind of funny..but really I am. I was raised to go to church EVERY Sunday and I've been trying my best to continue and bring my children up the same way...Well, long story short..my priest has told me things about my youngest cutting up too much and being too loud (my 2 year old & our church doesn't have a cry room so I do my best to keep him quiet, but guess it wasn't good enough for him). So after that Sunday that he made those comments to me, I decided that I was going to switch churches, we went to a church across town and it just wasn't the same. It was still Catholic, just wasn't my church and my oldest (10 years old) is set in the ways of our church. So for the past 2 Sunday's We've been going back to our church, but all I do is hold my Godchild and in the back of my head, I'm thinking about how much the priest gets on my nerves/is rude/and how much nerve he (who has no kid & no cry room in the church) going to tell me (a mother that is trying to bring her kids up right by going to church) something like that.... and I pretty much get nothing out of mass....what do I do?? I have no clue!!
Anyway....Yesterday, I decided that I would start on My Fitness Pal..and it's going well, it's just that I don't understand somethings...

For example:

I just want to make sure that I am doing everything that I am suppose and need to be doing..so if myfitness pal says to only do 1200 calories a day, then that's what I'll do...it's just confusing after reading all the other web sites...ex: how free dieting says 1832 calories for extreme fat loss..does that mean that I'm going to be on a Super Extreme Loss?? So if any one has any feed back on all this, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Totals for today:

  • Calories: 999
  • Carbs:124
  • Fat:37
  • Protein:49
  • Daily Goals: Calories 1200 (1314) Carbs 180 Fat 43 Protein 49
  • Remaining: Calories 315 Carbs 56 Fat 6 Protein 0

**I burned 114 calories today walking...so had 114 more calories I had to use

**After logging my food and exercise for today, the tracker told me..If every day were like today... You'd weigh 216.1 lbs in 5 weeks...*Based on your total calories consumed for today, you are eating too few calories. Not only is it difficult to receive adequate nutrition at these calorie levels, but you could also be putting your body into starvation mode. Starvation mode lowers your metabolism and makes weight loss more difficult. We suggest increasing your calorie consumption to 1,200 calories per day minimum.
**I don't understand this...I don't feel like I'm starving myself & I'm only 315 calories away from my daily calorie goal**


~Thought for the day~


2 comments:

  1. I don't know...I'm certainly no expert. I read this article the other day and it was called "Majoring in the Minors" The writer was a personal trainer/nutrition person and he was not real tactful in the way that he said things but the jist of it was that we can get way too caught up in the details when the bottom line is: if you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight. That's the bottom line. Just do that and you'll lose...it's what the article said. Like I said--I'm no expert and I know that many experts say different things but I think I agree with this guy. I have lost 60 pounds by eating 1400-1500 calories a day for 2 years. Some days I exercise and some days I don't. I never eat more or less based on how many calories I burn in my workout. (and of course there are exceptions like today when I went off the deep end) but for the most part that is it. I weighed 228 when I started and that calorie range worke pretty well but here lately in the 170-165 range it feels like I may need to drop down to 1200-1300. I'm not saying this is the best way, but I know it's worked for me so I'm just sharing that:)

    I'm sorry about the church issue. My personal interaction in prayer and Bible reading on a daily basis seems to be the biggest help in my weight loss/lifestyle change. There always seems to be some sort of conflict that I am dealing with inside the church just because it is made up of sinful people. However, I still believe I need the Church...but I need my personal relationship with the Father more!

    I will say a prayer for you tonight Sharlie! Keep your head up. You are goignt hrough a lot of changes right now. The pain of change is always worth it! A friend told me this week to "focus on the effort and the results will come" I believe that's true! For me and YOU:)I agree with your husband--you can do it!

    Keelie (sorry for the book!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with Keelie. This is how I am doing things for the most part. I am on myfitnesspal (jamieplayer, look me up) also and I love it. I just know if I eat less calories and I burn calories I will lose no matter what. You are going in the right direction, so just keep your head in the game. Remember, this is not a sprint it is a marathon and its not a diet its a lifestyle change. You are having to relearn how to eat, drink and move. I will be praying for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete